Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Alyssa's 135-Pound Weight Loss Proves Hard Work Pays Off – and You Can Still Eat Fries!



Alyssa Figaro‘s weight-loss journey has been anything but easy, but after losing 135 pounds in just three years, she confirmed that every step of the way was 100 percent worth it.

Growing up as “the overweight child” with parents who were heavily involved in the fitness industry, Alyssa “felt like a disappointment” throughout her childhood. “I wanted to make them proud and lose weight. I made many attempts, but failed more times than I can count, to be honest,” she told POPSUGAR. Back in Oct. 2014, at 285 pounds, Alyssa attended a party, where she felt “extremely uncomfortable” the entire time due to her weight and appearance. “I felt like an outsider, constantly comparing myself to the other girls; they were skinny, pretty, and fit. Shame set in and I left,” she recalled.

The very next day, “something clicked,” and Alyssa realized she couldn’t continue the cycle of self-loathing. So she went to the gym where her mother worked and was set up with a personal trainer who kick-started her remarkable weight-loss journey. Before hiring a personal trainer, Alyssa admitted to being “so self-conscious” at the gym, especially when it came to working out alone. “I felt like I had no clue what I was doing, but eventually realized everyone is there for the same reason: to work on themselves. Honestly, hire a professional trainer if you have no idea what you are doing,” she advised.

“I really focused on eating whole, natural foods and found this to be crucial to my success and results.”

In the early stages, Alyssa was hitting the gym at least five days each week, either working out with her trainer or on her own after building up some confidence. “We incorporated a significant amount of strength training into my routine, which complemented my daily cardio,” she told us. As for her daily food intake, Alyssa never adhered to a specific diet plan, but rather simply “focused on eating whole, natural foods and found this to be crucial to [her] success and results.” Though she tried counting calories for about a month, she ultimately realized it wasn’t exactly her cup of tea and rather relied on becoming more aware of how her body reacted to certain foods and the amount she was eating.

After a year and a half of sticking to this new workout and diet regimen, Alyssa dropped a whopping 105 pounds and unfortunately had to confront an entirely different struggle: excess skin. “Although I was…



Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment