Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Dena Lost Over 110 Pounds, but There's 1 Thing She'll Never Stop Working on



When she was just 8 years old, Dena Shahani looked at the scale and wished she weighed less, but that was only the beginning of her unhealthy relationship with the scale. Flash forward to the present day, after Dena has lost a remarkable 110 pounds, and she said there’s one thing that will always be a work in progress even after losing the weight: her confidence.

The San Diego-based woman, who is known by her 82K Instagram followers as @defywithdena, dropped pounds by counting calories and doing extreme cardio, and she would often watch The Biggest Loser for motivation, which unquestionably was the most difficult part of her journey.

“Weight loss is 90 percent mental and 10 percent physical,” Dena told POPSUGAR. “Getting motivated isn’t easy, but what kept me going was seeing my results and seeing the pounds drop on the scale. The scale had always been my savior, yet it was also my tormentor. If it said I gained half a pound, it ruined my day. However, now, the number on the scale doesn’t define me, my progress, or my goals.”

As for her goals? Well, she’s working on self-love. Dena was once 260 pounds, but no matter how different she looks physically, the emotional struggle remains the same. “If you don’t love yourself before, you won’t love yourself after,” she said. “I still feel like I have the exact same insecurities about myself as I had when I weighed 100 pounds more.”

That’s the thing about losing weight: who you are inside is exactly the same, and this is a misconception about weight loss that some people don’t always understand. For Dena, it wasn’t just about changing her body, but about changing her life.

Today I want you to think about all that you are instead of all that you are not πŸ’•

A post shared by Defy the Odds of Weightloss 🍏 (@defywithdena) on Aug 20, 2017 at 3:39pm PDT

“Insecurities are ever present,” Dena…



Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment