Saturday, December 2, 2017

The Exact Diet and Fitness Plan I Followed the Month Before My Wedding



Every bride wants to feel her best on that special day. Even though my now-husband and I chose to elope (which was the best decision of my life, but that’s another story entirely) and there was nothing traditional about our wedding day, I still felt compelled to whip myself into shape in time for the ceremony. Having hired our dream photographer and having received my dream dress, I realized that getting married to the man I love was going to be a momentous, memorable occasion – and I wanted to feel and look as great as I possibly could.

I already work out a lot. I go to the gym six days a week, and sometimes I’ll do two-a-days. For example, I’ll do strength training in the early morning and then go back for a cycling class in the evening after work. My greatest love is weightlifting and that’s where the majority of my time and effort goes in terms of fitness. But I knew that I would have to up my cardio, because while developing all the lean muscle from lifting helped me lose weight in the past, I wanted to burn more calories in order to shed that last layer of fat.

The first thing I changed was how much cardio I was doing. Rather than just doing it three or four times a week, I increased it to five sessions. I did two interval running classes, two cycling classes, and one HIIT session. But I wasn’t willing to give up my six-day-a-week weightlifting program, so I simply added this on top of what I was already doing.

I admit that this resulted in spending a lot of time at the gym, but I already love to work out (yep, I’m one of those people), and it’s an activity my husband and I like to share together. He’s a marathon runner, so adding in some extra run sessions meant we got to spend even more quality time together, and it was such a rewarding thing to do leading up to our wedding.

The biggest change of all, though, came from adjusting my diet. I’ve done intermittent fasting before, and the results have always been positive for me – less bloating, more energy, and healthy weight loss. I decided to pick up this diet once again, only a more modified version of it. I chose the 16/8 plan, which is to fast every day for 16 hours and only eat during an eight-hour window, but I decided to follow this rule Monday through Friday. I wanted my…



Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment